PhD. student — started Fall 2010
Email: myfirstname [at] seas.upenn.edu
I completed a B.S./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a B.S. in Applied Math from Johns Hopkins University in 2010 and started a Phd program in ESE at Penn in Kodlab.
I am a co-founder of Ghost Robotics: http://www.ghostrobotics.io/
Check out my personal website here: http://avikde.me
Research Areas and Projects
- Bayesian estimation? — Approximate Bayesian estimation, SLAM on graphs
- Neuromechanical control of paddle juggling?
- Lateral perturbation recovery by a RHex robot (ESE650 final project, Sp 2012)
- Applications of homology to processing laser data (with Qian Wu, Su 2011)
- Finding optimal configuration space paths by variation of curves (MEAM620 final project, Sp 2011)
Also listed with google scholar. Listed anti-chronologically in IEEE format for copy-and-paste convenience:
- A. L. Brill, A. De, A. M. Johnson and D. E. Koditschek, “Tail-Assisted Rigid and Compliant Legged Leaping,” in 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Sep, 2015. IEEE
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, “Averaged Anchoring of Decoupled Templates in a Tail-Energized Monoped, 2015 International Symposium on Robotics Research, Sep, 2015. (in press)
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, “Parallel composition of templates for tail-energized planar hopping,” in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, 2015, pp. 4562–4569.PDF
- A. De, K. S. Bayer, and D. E. Koditschek, “Active sensing for dynamic, non-holonomic, robust visual servoing,” in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2014 IEEE International Conference on, 2014, pp. 6192–6198. PDF
- A. De, A. Ribeiro, W. Moran, and D. E. Koditschek, “Convergence of Bayesian Histogram Filters for Location Estimation,” in Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Intl. Conference on Decision and Control, 2013. PDF
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, “Toward dynamical sensor management for reactive wall-following,” in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, 2013, pp. 2400–2406. PDF
- A. De, G. Lynch, A. Johnson, and D. Koditschek, “Motor sizing for legged robots using dynamic task specification,” in 2011 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Practical Robot Applications (TePRA), 2011, pp. 64 –69.
- A. De, J. Lee, N. Keller, and N. J. Cowan, “Toward SLAM on Graphs,” in Algorithmic Foundation of Robotics VIII, vol. 57, G. S. Chirikjian, H. Choset, M. Morales, and T. Murphey, Eds. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009, pp. 631–645. PDF
- G. Kenneally, A. De, and D. E. Koditschek, “Design Principles for a Family of Direct-Drive Legged Robots,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 900–907, Jul. 2016. IEEE open access
- M. M. Ankarali, H. T. Sen, A. De, A. M. Okamura, and N. Cowan, “Haptic Feedback Enhances Rhythmic Motor Control By Reducing Variability, Not Convergence Rate,” Journal of Neurophysiology, p. jn.00140.2013, Dec. 2013.
Abstracts, Posters, and Technical Reports
- G. Kenneally, A. De and D. E. Koditschek, “Design Principles for a Family of Direct-Drive Legged Robots,” RSS Workshop on Miniature Legged Robots, July, 2015.
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, “The Penn Jerboa: A Platform for Exploring Parallel Composition of Templates,” arXiv:1502.05347 [cs.RO], 2015. PDF
- A. De, A. M. Johnson and D. E. Koditschek, “Planar Hopping with a Leg and a Tail,” Dynamic Walking, June, 2014. Abstract Poster
- A. De, “Neuromechanical Control of Paddle Juggling,” Masters thesis, Johns Hopkins University, 2010.
Invited Talks (excluding conference talks)
- UPenn ESE PhD Colloquium Fall 2015 — Sequential, Parallel and Symbolic Compositions (View on YouTube)
- AMAM 2015 — Anchor synthesis via template composition (June 2015)
- UPenn GRASP industry day (April 2015)
- MIT Biomimetic Robotics Lab — Parallel Composition of Templates for Tail-Energized Planar Hopping (Oct 2014)