PhD. student — started Fall 2010
Email: myfirstname [at] seas.upenn.edu
I completed a B.S./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering and a B.S. in Applied Math from Johns Hopkins University in 2010 and started a Phd program in ESE at Penn in Kodlab.
I am a co-founder of Ghost Robotics: http://www.ghostrobotics.io/
Check out my personal website here: http://avikde.me
Research Areas and Projects
- Juggling — paddle juggling
- Lateral perturbation recovery by a RHex robot (ESE650 final project, Sp 2012)
- Applications of homology to processing laser data (with Qian Wu, Su 2011)
- Finding optimal configuration space paths by variation of curves (MEAM620 final project, Sp 2011)
Also listed with google scholar. Listed anti-chronologically in IEEE format for copy-and-paste convenience:
- A. De, S. A. Burden, and D. E. Koditschek, “A Hybrid Dynamical Extension of Averaging,” Under review; preprint arXiv:1607.03795 [cs.RO], 2016.
- G. Kenneally, A. De, and D. E. Koditschek, Design Principles for a Family of Direct-Drive Legged Robots, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 900907, Jul. 2016. IEEE open access
- M. M. Ankarali, H. T. Sen, A. De, A. M. Okamura, and N. Cowan, Haptic Feedback Enhances Rhythmic Motor Control By Reducing Variability, Not Convergence Rate, Journal of Neurophysiology, p. jn.00140.2013, Dec. 2013.
- G. Wenger, A. De, and D. E. Koditschek, “Frontal Plane Stabilization and Hopping with a 2DOF Tail,” in International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (to appear), 2016.
- T. T. Topping, V. Vasilopoulos, A. De, and D. E. Koditschek, Towards bipedal behavior on a quadrupedal platform using optimal control, in SPIE 9837, Unmanned Systems Technology XVIII, 2016, p. 98370H. SPIE
- A. L. Brill, A. De, A. M. Johnson and D. E. Koditschek, “Tail-Assisted Rigid and Compliant Legged Leaping,” in 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Sep, 2015. IEEE
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, “Averaged Anchoring of Decoupled Templates in a Tail-Energized Monoped, 2015 International Symposium on Robotics Research, Sep, 2015. (in press)
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, Parallel composition of templates for tail-energized planar hopping, in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, 2015, pp. 45624569.PDF
- A. De, K. S. Bayer, and D. E. Koditschek, Active sensing for dynamic, non-holonomic, robust visual servoing, in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2014 IEEE International Conference on, 2014, pp. 61926198. PDF
- A. De, A. Ribeiro, W. Moran, and D. E. Koditschek, Convergence of Bayesian Histogram Filters for Location Estimation, in Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Intl. Conference on Decision and Control, 2013. PDF
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, Toward dynamical sensor management for reactive wall-following, in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, 2013, pp. 24002406. PDF
- A. De, G. Lynch, A. Johnson, and D. Koditschek, Motor sizing for legged robots using dynamic task specification, in 2011 IEEE Conference on Technologies for Practical Robot Applications (TePRA), 2011, pp. 64 69.
- A. De, J. Lee, N. Keller, and N. J. Cowan, Toward SLAM on Graphs, in Algorithmic Foundation of Robotics VIII, vol. 57, G. S. Chirikjian, H. Choset, M. Morales, and T. Murphey, Eds. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009, pp. 631645. PDF
Abstracts, Posters, and Technical Reports
- G. Kenneally, A. De and D. E. Koditschek, Design Principles for a Family of Direct-Drive Legged Robots, RSS Workshop on Miniature Legged Robots, July, 2015.
- G. J. Wenger, A. De and D. E. Koditschek, Roll Stabilization on a Tailed Biped, RSS workshop on robotic uses for tails, July, 2015. Abstract
- A. De and D. E. Koditschek, The Penn Jerboa: A Platform for Exploring Parallel Composition of Templates, arXiv:1502.05347 [cs.RO], 2015. Technical report
- A. De, A. M. Johnson and D. E. Koditschek, Planar Hopping with a Leg and a Tail, Dynamic Walking, June, 2014. Abstract Poster
- A. De, Neuromechanical Control of Paddle Juggling, Masters thesis, Johns Hopkins University, 2010.
Invited Talks (excluding conference talks)
- UPenn ESE PhD Colloquium Fall 2015 — Sequential, Parallel and Symbolic Compositions (View on YouTube)
- AMAM 2015 — Anchor synthesis via template composition (June 2015)
- UPenn GRASP industry day (April 2015)
- MIT Biomimetic Robotics Lab — Parallel Composition of Templates for Tail-Energized Planar Hopping (Oct 2014)