PhD. Student — Fall 2015-present
Email: vvasilo [at] seas.upenn.edu
I am a PhD student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics (MEAM) of the University of Pennsylvania, working with Kodlab on legged robots. I completed my undergraduate studies in Mechanical Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in Greece. My research interests lie in the fields of Robotics, Dynamics and Control. Within these fields, my current research projects involve motion planning, underactuated bipedal walking and hopping control.
You can find out more information at my personal website: http://www.vassilisvasilopoulos.com
Research Areas and Ongoing Projects
- Doubly reactive motion planning with legged robots
- Underactuated bipedal behaviors on quadrupedal robots
Also listed with google scholar.
- Vasilopoulos, V., Machairas, K., Papadopoulos, E.G., “Quadruped Pronking on Compliant Terrains Using a Reaction Wheel”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA ‘16), Stockholm, Sweden, May 2016, pp. 3590–3595.
- T. T. Topping, V. Vasilopoulos, A. De, and D. E. Koditschek, “Towards bipedal behavior on a quadrupedal platform using optimal control”, in SPIE 9837, Unmanned Systems Technology XVIII, 2016, p. 98370H.
- Vasilopoulos, V., Paraskevas, I.S. and Papadopoulos, E.G., “Control and Energy Considerations for a Hopping Monopod on Rough Compliant Terrains”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA ‘15), Seattle, Washington, USA, May 2015, pp. 4570–4575.
- Vasilopoulos, V., Paraskevas, I.S. and Papadopoulos, E.G., “Monopod Hopping on Rough Planetary Environments”, 13th Symposium on Advanced Space Technologies in Robotics and Automation (ASTRA ‘15), ESA, ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, May 2015.
- Vasilopoulos, V., Paraskevas, I.S. and Papadopoulos, E.G., “Compliant Terrain Legged Locomotion Using a Viscoplastic Approach”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS ‘14), Chicago, Illinois, USA, September 2014, pp. 4849–4854.
- Vasilopoulos, V., “Dynamics and Control of a Monopod Robot with a Single Actuator on Compliant Terrain”, Diploma Thesis, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Athens, Greece, September 2014 (In Greek).